The Remote Infrastructure Program Office will coordinate, facilitate and manage the delivery of land tenure and infrastructure to ensure social and economic development and delivery of services in Northern Territory remote communities.
The Remote Infrastructure Program Office is responsible for:
- delivery of capital works in a timely and assured manner
- addressing native title and any tenure issues in a way which respects existing interests and facilitates a communities development
- ensuring each community has an adequate survey network covering roads, government land, buildings and land use planning that complies with relevant legislation and allows for development opportunities
- integrating long term planning for communities
- enabling and supporting the social housing program
- facilitating necessary essential services
- enabling the delivery of commitments of NPA Remote Indigenous Housing objectives
- enabling the delivery of commitments to NPA Remote Service Delivery objectives
- liaison with the Australian Government and membership of the JSC.